Re: GET http://someStrangeOrExternalDomain.com

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 09:57:13PM -0300, Ricardo Abrantes wrote:

> Thank you Tom (and thank you François), but is there a way to block users
> from Internet to use my server like this?

Since Apache is not configured to be a proxy by default, I am sure your
server is not seriously being abused.  In other words, your server is
not being hijacked, it's just that a tiny bit of bandwidth is being
wasted.  Your worst problem is log clutter.

If you really don't want log clutter, you'll have to separate the server
from the Internet entirely.  You can do this by changing the <Listen> or
<BindAddress> directive in your Apache configuration to bind to
non-Internet IP addresses, such as 127.0.0.1.

There's no middle ground.  Receiving attempts at web proxy abuse is part
of being on the Internet.  Do what I do and snicker at the lameness of
the attempted perpetrator... okay, well, maybe not...

--
Tom Goulet				mail: uid0@em.ca
UID0 Unix Consulting			web:  em.ca/uid0/