Re: Watch out! vsftpd anonymous access always enabled!

In article <[🔎] E1A1X8W-00084G-00@calista.inka.de> you wrote:
> FTP is a firewal nightmare, it is unsecure (plaintext), the more advanced
> features are not standadized. Even parsing the directory output is terror to
> the programmer.

On my System, running apt-spy on a ADSL Link, from 85 Debian Morrirs which
support HTTP and FTP 79 of them are faster via HTTP than FTP. Most of them
are 30-50% faster. I dont know, if this is because apt-spy is specially slow
with FTP, or because the FTP login takes so long. But since the Test
Download most often takes over 10seconds, I think the 50% cant be explained
by the test which only downloads a single file. It is possible that the FTP
Server is simply more loaded, but for me it is at least a good reason to use
HTTP on those systems, only.

Greetings
Bernd
--