Re: services installed and running "out of the box"

	Hi *,

Matt Zimmerman écrivait :
> Having a web server listen on a particular interface should not be
> controlled by whether or not a particular package is installed.
> It should be controlled by the configuration of the package.

What about giving this configuration a default value taken from
somewhere in "/etc/default/"? The package will then ask if we want
something else than the default, but I would put it at a "medium"
or even "low" debconf level.

I agree on the point that if we install a package, then it should be
*immediatly running* since we most probably installed it for that reason.
But I also mean that it should be running *securely*: on loopback only
unless configured differently by *user choice*!

Best Regards, J.C.
--
Jean Christophe ANDRÉ <jean-christophe.andre@auf.org> http://www.vn.refer.org/
Coordonnateur technique régional / Associé technologie projet Reflets