[SOLVED ?] Re: Versign has hijacked www.xmms.org

Am 2003-09-23 02:08:29, schrieb Michelle Konzack:
>Hello All,
>
>I was surfing the Website <http://www.xmms.org/> for new skins and
>at one klick...
>
>...xmms was hijacked !!!
>
>No access on xmms posibel. Can anyone confirm this please...
>Please Cc: me.
>
>Three other .org Domains (my own) are hijacked this afternoon too.

Hello,

The problem was solved around 2 1/2 hours later. All was working fine.

Now totday, I was coming back from Paris for one hour or so and now
all is working fine... No error messages anymore...

Please note: I have had always DNS-Lookup errors.

A ping on my Domain gave me:

michelle@michelle1:~ > ping www.SLD.org
PING: www.SLD.org.verisign.com (64.94.110.11): 56 data bytes

--- www.SLD.org.verisign.com ping statistics ---
7 packets transmited, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

Not funny...
Please note, that I replaced the Domain-Name by SLD.

My Question is now:

Is it better to drop DNS and use IP only ?

This is a very heavy security issue for me, because if I make a mistake
I can go in prison for long time...
(Maybe we can se us if I go in Pension, 30 years to wait :-/ )

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.