Re: Watch out! vsftpd anonymous access always enabled!

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 at 08:53:19AM -0400, Dale Amon wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 01:33:43PM +0200, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:
> > > ssh for pretty much everything I can, and otherwise wget. I only
> >  Could all those security experts recommending using sftp/scp for data
> > transfers please explain how did they come to conclusion that creating
> > shell accounts is the best way of giving access to few files?
>
> Rsync doesn't require a shell account. You can run an rsyncd.

WebDAV is also a great tool.  You can use the htpasswd to create a
passwd file for apache.

--
Phillip Hofmeister

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/
wget -O - http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/key.txt | gpg --import
--
Excuse #59: Only available on a need to know basis