Re: STARTTLS wierdness in sendmail 8.12.10-1

Hey,

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 13:33, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2003 17:59, Brian Rectanus wrote:
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> > I cannot get STARTTLS to work with the newest snendmail in unstable.  It
> > *always* complains that the key file is group readable!  Now, before you
> > scream RTFM, I did use GroupReadableKeyFile!
>
> please copy "/usr/share/sendmail/examples/starttls.m4 to /etc/mail/tls and
> execute 'sendmailconfig' after you copied the file over.
>
> It's an updated file you have to use by now. You should have read the install
> message by the sendmail update and the changelog too ;p
> You have to do the same with SASLv2 m4 if you use SASLv2.

Yeah, I had done that (for tls and sasl).  It puts this in submit.cf:

O DontBlameSendmail=    ,GroupReadableKeyFile

I thought maybe that screwed things up starting with a comma, so (as I
wrote earlier) I just added a straight

define(`confDONT_BLAME_SENDMAIL', `GroupReadableKeyFile')

to give

O DontBlameSendmail=GroupReadableKeyFile

But *neither* work.  Both put GroupReadableKeyFile in submit.cf, and
seem to ignore it, giving me:

STARTTLS=server: file /etc/mail/tls/sendmail-common.key unsafe: Group
readable file

> > Anyone else see this?
>
> yes, Solution above. Anyway, even after that, TLS does not work anylonger. I
> always get "verify=NOT" if I try to send mail with my other clients.
> 8.12.9-latest from SID before 8.12.10-1 works fine.
>
> --
> ciao, Marc

I have gone to using the stable version until a fixed version is in
unstable.

Thanks,
-Brian