Re: STARTTLS wierdness in sendmail 8.12.10-1

On Friday 19 September 2003 17:59, Brian Rectanus wrote:

Hi Brian,

> I cannot get STARTTLS to work with the newest snendmail in unstable.  It
> *always* complains that the key file is group readable!  Now, before you
> scream RTFM, I did use GroupReadableKeyFile!

please copy "/usr/share/sendmail/examples/starttls.m4 to /etc/mail/tls and
execute 'sendmailconfig' after you copied the file over.

It's an updated file you have to use by now. You should have read the install
message by the sendmail update and the changelog too ;p
You have to do the same with SASLv2 m4 if you use SASLv2.

> Anyone else see this?

yes, Solution above. Anyway, even after that, TLS does not work anylonger. I
always get "verify=NOT" if I try to send mail with my other clients.
8.12.9-latest from SID before 8.12.10-1 works fine.

--
ciao, Marc