Re: loggin with iptables, syslog problem

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 09:58:58PM +0200, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> But nothing gets logged to /var/log/iptabels...  It does show in
> dmesg...
> How can I correctly redirect logs with level "debug" to the
> /var/log/iptables file?

perhaps it's not quite the answer you expected... I'm using syslog-ng
becaus I found it much more adjustable. You can set up Rules with
RegExps...
Simply logging messages with log-level 'debug' may give you more
entries in that special log-file than you might want!

Gruss
Horst.

--
Have you noticed the way people's intelligence capabilities decline
sharply the minute they start waving guns around?