Re: Simple e-mail virus scanner

## Noah L. Meyerhans (noahm@debian.org):
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 10:56:29PM +0200, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> > So, I'm wondering, does anybody know about any such approach?
> After getting sick of all the virus crap in my inbox I installed the
> following in /etc/exim/system_filter.txt:

This approach yields a high false positive rate. This can be a major
annoyance on mailing lists, when you get unsubscribed because of a
"matching" mail body. Your filter (which seems to be based on Nigel
Metheringham's system_filter) does not parse MIME headers but just
looks for filenames following Content-Type or begin.

This filter was the main reason for me switching my email from my
universities systems to my own system.

Regards,
cmt

--