Re: request to german speaking users

Alexander Schmehl wrote:
I just finished the translation of the security howto to german, but
some parts are very ugly hacked.

It would be very nice, if some of you would review my translation (or
at least small parts of it), and send me some patches.

hm, patches. i'm not good at creating patches. would it help too if i/we send you "this word, sentence, page XX.." and the like?

You can find the latest version of it at
http://www.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/~schmehl/securing-debian/ in all usual
formats (and of course the sgml-source, too).

as others suggested too, the reading should be shared to a group of readers. but, aren't there already tutorials how to "do corrections on translating docs/software?". i don't know any, but i think there really must be some, since there are a lot of translated howtos out there...

so, perhaps splitting it up chapter wise is good and just in case sbd. has already started the reading (with ch.1), i'll start with ch 9-10, will do more if we can agree about sth....

Thanks,
Christian.

--
BOFH excuse #68: