Re: secure FTP clients [was: recommendations for FTP server]

Nick Boyce <nick@glimmer.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Don't forget FileZilla
>   http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
>
> GUI Win32 client that does FTP, FTP over SSL, and SFTP.  Apparently
> has some integration with PuTTY,though I can't currently figure out
> how to get FileZilla to use my PuTTY keystore.

The way I see it is:
  - I load (with Pageant) a key to log as $USER on $HOST
  - I fire filezilla and make an SFTP connection as $USER to $HOST
  - when prompted for the password, I just type garbage
  - the login is successful, meaning FileZilla used the key loaded by
    Pageant to perform the authentication.

> Seems nice and stable to me.

Agreed. A nice free-as-in-speech software for Windows.

--
Florent