Re: recommendations for FTP server

This one time, at band camp, Matt Zimmerman said:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 12:56:01PM -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > I'd like the FTP server to not allow anonymous logins (which I assume
> > most can do), chroot users to their home directories, and have some sort
> > of encrypted connections (over SSL would be nice).  I have thought about
> > just using sftp, but currently ssh connections are rerouted to another
> > box on the LAN, and I'd like to leave that set up as is, if possible.
>
> You could run sshd on another port.  Really, if you want encryption and no
> anonymous connections, sftp is the right tool for the job.

Yeah, that's what I have been thinking.  I was sort of hoping there was
something else out there that did all this besides sftp, because several
of my friends will be connecting from Windoze boxes.  I guess I'll just
point them to PuTTy and friends.

Thanks all,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Neglect of duty does not cease, by      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | repetition, to be neglect of duty.   -- |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Napoleon                                |