Re: arpwatch exclusion ?

In article <[🔎] 3EE74FB6.7020502@math.u-bordeaux.fr>
Jacques.Foury@math.u-bordeaux.fr writes:
>I am using arpwatch, but I use a few machines with 2 ethernet cards, and
>they often flip-flop... As I know them, I want to exclude the flip-flop
>mails from my mailbox...
>
>How could I tune arpwatch so that it does not listen to those
>flip-flops, or it does not send mails for these ?

Use the "-s program" option to send the "mail" via a program that does
whatever filtering you want.  I'm filtering out the proxy-arp responces
this way.  (There are hundreds of them every day on my firewall.)

Unless you know all flip-flops will be noise, I'd recomend only filtering
the ones you know about.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html