Re: nautilus and portmapper port 111

Hi Phillip

On Dienstag, 10-Jun-03 at 01:33:07, Phillip Hofmeister wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 at 12:20:10AM +0100, Andreas W?st wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Although I can see no evidence for portmapper being run by issuing
>> "netstat -tu -l -ee -p", everytime nautilus is started it connects to
>> port 111, and even gets an answer from there. And even after this
>> connection, I can't see a server listening on port 111 via netstat.
>>
>> What is going on here? If I block port 111 nautilus wont start.
>>
>> How can I make sure portmapper is not being run, or at least only in
>> a controlled manner, say for nautilus?
>

> I usually use a netstat -apn (requires r00t).  It will show you all
> sockets (listening or otherwise) and what app owns them.  The -n makes
> it so it does not resolve the port numbers via /etc/service.

No matter if I try netstat -apn or netstat -atunp as someone pointed out
in private, it gives the same result as netstat -tu -l -ee -p, apart
from the established connections, namely there is nothing listening in
port 111.

Furhtermore, package "portmap" is NOT installed, but there are working
connections via 111 when nautilus starts up..

--
Best wishes,
Andi