IMAP is too secure...

I think my IMAP server has become too secure... I'm using the current
version of "uw-imapd" and "libc-client2003debian", as listed in stable and

I cannot log into my IMAP server any more... It keeps saying Invalid
password. I can only assume it's using password encryption, but I don't
know how to turn it off.

It was never turned on before, but since the upgrade I've een unable to
retrieve my mail through IMAP. It usually asks in the config whether I
want clear-text passwords enabled or not, but it wasn't an option this

Any ideas? I really need to get at the mail.....

Thanks in advance...

Richard Hobbs <hobbs@mongeese.co.uk>
http://mongeese.co.uk | http://unixforum.co.uk

"There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers

Registered Linux User: 313906
Send all your jokes to jokes@fishsponge.co.uk !!