PHP & imap-ssl support

Hello all,

I want to use debian packages for imap-ssl support in php4.
regular imap works fine after installing the php4-imap package;
however the imap-ssl does not work. In the output of phpinfo() I
can see that my php4 (debian stable package) was configured with the
option --with-imap, but not --with-imap-ssl...

Does a package to enable imap-ssl support for php exist? If so, what's it
called? If not: how can I solve the problem? Compiling sources results in
an error :(

Kind regards,
        Kristof

--
Digital fingerprint: F56F F987 0E0C AFF8 0B6D  7CA1 F152 E07D 72AF 337B