Recommended security management packages

I'm looking for information on packages that will do a nice job of keeping
an eye on my system security-wise. PackageS because I know that no one
packages can do it all.

Currently all I've got is 'tiger', and while it does a good job it has
issues like failed checksums against installed packages (well that's
strange because I just installed that package and it already failes the
checksum?) and such. Does anyone have any recommendations?

<EOL>
Tib