Please clarifiy: kernel-sources / ptracebug / debian security announcenments

Hi,

may I be allowed to ask some questions?

I am a little bit confused about the latest discussions on the ptrace
kernel bug.

As I am not a regular reader of this mailing list but heavily relying
on the debian security announce mailing list and apt-get, I was really
wondering why I could not find anything about that ptrace kernel bug
that can be found here

http://sinuspl.net/ptrace/

on the debian security website / announcement list.

As I keep my systems regularly (apt-)updated I thought there was no
reason to panic, at least debian is known for it´s high claims on
beeing secure and "there would be some word about that if it was a
problem."

well, said that I tried, just for fun, if that exploit could do
something on my actual debian installations and I really got slapped
hard! All machines were exploitable!

Ok, my questions:

Why isn´t there a security warning about that ptrace bug?

The actual kernel sources that one can get via apt-get, are they
already patched?

What about the kernel-images?

As i read, there are some misfunctions with that kernel-patch, not
allowing some tools to work properly (netsaint / nagios were
mentioned). Are there any more sideeffects known?

Is there a good website accumulating information
about-that-prace-bug-and-patch-and-all-the-problems-that-are
related-to this.org?

And: which informtion sources do I have to follow to become informed
about *all* security bugs in debian?

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my clumsy english!

Have a nice thread,
Peter