Re: Please clarifiy: kernel-sources / ptracebug / debian security announcenments

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 14:53, Peter Holm wrote:

> The actual kernel sources that one can get via apt-get, are they
> already patched?

I have to admit that I didn't follow this issue closely, you'll have to get
this info elsewhere.

> And: which informtion sources do I have to follow to become informed
> about *all* security bugs in debian?

I fear there's no such place. The security announcements are only made when a
fixed package is released, and to my knowledge there is no centralized debian
specific place to get security announcements for security bugs where no patch
is (yet) available.

This is unfortunate, but I guess it cannot be changed as the security team
reputedly is quite heavily loaded even now.

greets
-- vbi

--
this email is protected by a digital signature: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg