Re: Apt-get only security patches

Rudolph van Graan wrote:

Hi all,

Probably a stupid question, but one I don't know the answer for. Is
there any simple way of telling apt or dpkg to *only* download and
install security patches instead of other changes to a release [thinking
testing or unstable here]. For example on one of my "stable" machines,
the following happens when I do apt-get upgrade -u:
[...]
Ideas/suggestions?

Regards,

Rudolph

Hi Rudolph

This should do it:

Put another sources list file into any directory. For example /etc/apt/sources.security. This file contains just the following line:

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

For updating pass apt-get the sources list it should use. In this example the above file.

apt-get -o=Dir::Etc::SourceList=/etc/apt/sources.security update

This should do the job (except anyone would disagree ;-) )

Regards

Marcel