Re: Debian Kernel's and FreeSwan

	One vital piece of information you have failed to mention is the exact
version of freeswan you are trying to work with... I can say I'm running Debian
3.0 current with security updates which I have built a 2.4.20 kernel with the
freeswan 1.99 from unstable... The kernel was patched with the
kernel-patch-freeswan-ext patch to include the extra encryption algorithms and
is working flawlessly so far... I've even got a Windows 2000 laptop running SSH
Sentinel to connect with it using X.509 authentication...

	You keep saying your trying to patch freeswan but I think you may not be
aware if you are using the Debian freeswan package source it is already patched
with several patches not in the official freeswan distribution... The 1.99
package from unstable has the most recent X.509, AES ALGO, Notify Delete SA and
NAT-Traversal patches already applied to it...

	If you would like to discuss things one-on-one you're free to contact me
directly and I will try to assist you in your problems but the only real problem
I had was in configuring the ipsec.conf for freeswan-freeswan and
freeswan-sentinel connections with DHCP-over-IPSec and that now is a non-issue
except for a few operational issues...

	Regards,
	Jeremy