Re: Peace is not off topic

Hi!

* Cesar Rincon <crincon@et.com.mx> [20030311 07:16]:
> Well, I guess I am betraying you too, quite openly at that.  What now?
> Am I evil and insane, too?  Would you like to "enforce" your laws on me
> and my family?
>
> You better make sure I don't survive the "enforcing".

uh, careful what you say .. that's the plan ..

three quotes:

If violence isn't solving your problems, you're not using enough of it.
-- Misato Katsuragi

If people can be educated to see the lowly side of their own natures, it
may be hoped that they will also learn to understand and to love their
fellow men better. A little less hypocrisy and a little more tolerance
towards oneself can only have good results in respect for our neighbor;
for we are all too prone to transfer to our fellows the injustice and
violence we inflict upon our own natures.
-- Carl Jung (1875-1961, Swiss Psychiatrist)

No violence, gentlemen -- no violence, I beg of you! Consider the furniture!
-- Sherlock Holmes

--- ON TOPIC OFF TOPIC STOPPER! ---
--- ON TOPIC OFF TOPIC STOPPER! ---
--- ON TOPIC OFF TOPIC STOPPER! ---

... okay .. now, before we need peace keeping squads ourselves, we
should stop talking about politics here, for our own good.

talking about politics or religion (which isn't fit to hold a candle to
true faith) is tabooed in quite some coalescences, and we should stop
short of going so far as to require forbidding it (by mailing list
policy) as well. also, we should refrain from attacking each other, but
- if we have to do it at all - only attack the behaviour. otherwise, it
gets personal and emotional, and after a while, there's no place for
winners.

usually, if you put up a (verbal) fight with an idiot, they get you down
to their level in due time, and there they simply smash you with
experience.

that said, let's get back to debian security traffic, or no traffic at
all - anybody who agrees with me can show so by simply shutting the fsck
up about you-know-what ;) I'll do.

I think we should talk about palladium, thou. anybody got any idea how
we're going to face it, if we got a chance, and what is implied (I don't
wanna start)? shouldn't be off-topic at all.

Kind regards

   Count

P.S: I'm quite happy about the variety of people and mindsets which
shines through when discussion go like this - thanks for being there,
all of you! I live to learn - and you? :)

P.P.S: in case you're wondering: I poured oil on the topic, I may try to
take some heat out - don't you think?

--
Andreas Kotes - ICQ: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine.
Unser Leben ist das, wozu unser Denken es macht. -- OpenPGP key 0x8F94C228