From: Privacy Matters [mailto:rms@istop.com] On Behalf Of Raymond Wood
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 8:16 PM
To: debian-security@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Peace is not off topic

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:53:41PM -0500, Robert B Wilson imagined:

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:23:04 -0800 Ted Parvu <ted@parvu.net> writes:
> > The "Bush Doctrine" clearly spells out that America is now an
> > Empire.  "You are either with us or against us."

> When did Bush actually say that America is now an empire?  he didn't.

Do you think a warmonger like Bush is going to come clean and spell it out
for you?  Don't be silly.  These people are in the business of
misinformation and propoganda, not wearing their hearts on their sleeve.
Waiter, could I get a reality check please?

> Bush doesn't want to go to war with Iraq, but he knows that it is
> inevitable.

War is only inevitable if the powers that be aren't *smart
enough* (hence, "morons") to find a peaceful solution.  There is so much
deception going on right now on the part of the US administration in their
relations with their citizens, that it is not funny at all.

Suuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee Dubya doesn't wanna go to war...

> Who attacked first, the terrorists or the US?

Simple - the US.  Wake up and smell the coffee.  Do you think people are
willing to sacrifice their lives for nothing? There's a long history of
international abuse and intimidation (of which most dumb Americans remain
blissfully unaware) -- that's one of the reasons that Americans are so
despised, wherever they travel abroad.

> Iraq is known to support terrorism and has been developing chemical
> and biological weapons for years.

Kind of like the USSA, and a lot of other countries I bet. So what's your
point?

[snip]

> > Find this hard to believe?  Then you are not paying attention.

> I'm afraid you are the one who has not been paying attention. The US
> can't have peace when there are people with chemical and biological
> weapons who would be willing to die to destroy the US.

You're not getting it:  *why* are these people willing to give their lives?
I'll bet it's *not* because they are insane fanatical religious freaks.
I'll bet it has more to do with the US's horrendous foreign policy since
WWII.  The US cannot expect to fuck people over again and again and not have
it come back on them sooner or later -- that would be totally illogical.  So
what lesson has the current US administration (perhaps we should just start
to refer to them as the 'Junta', as Gore Vidal does) learned?  Nothing.  The
stupid bastards are going to take the whole thing to the next level: piss
off even more people, and
*increase* the probability of retaliation -- yet again.

Yes Dubya and his cronies truly are truly "morons".  What else can you call
behaviour so lacking in basic intelligence?

My $0.02,
Raymond
--
"You deserve to be able to cooperate openly and freely with other people who
use software.  You deserve free software."  -Richard M. Stallman, Free