RE: Peace is not off topic

Amen!  Couldn't have said it better Raymond.  I don't really dislike
Americans per se, but I DO dislike the US government, it's policies and
hyprocisy.  Should the US attack Iraq without approval from the UN then the
US, Austalia and UK (and any other participating dickhead governments)
should be completey and utterly have economic sanctions placed on them.
Unfortunately people are greedy, and the corporate empire(s) run everything,
so they get the say - i.e we really don't give a fuck about people and
what's morally right, we just want the MONEY so we'll still trade with the
US etc.

Sure Saddamn Hussein isn't a nice person, but hey...so are lots of other
people.  As to weapons of mass destruction, what a load of bullshit.  I've
said it before, and i'll say it again, I considered US forces in WWII (and
so far in history) to be the largest war criminals by dropping 2 thermo
nuclear devices over Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  I'm sure if say...Iraq nuked
major cities in the US "cos it would make the war end quicker" they'd be
condemned world wide.  Why the fuck is it different for the US?

Let's have a history tour...shall we?  US forces got involved in
Vietnam...Korean war...neither case was warranted, but was driven by drug
money (Vietnam) and fear of "commies" (Korea).  Why didn't the US take on
USSR?  Cos they'd have gotten their asses whooped big time, same with taking
on China.  Let's see what the mighty US government does about North Korea -
those guys won't fuck around.  They'll happily nuke US forces if they are
invaded.  Don't believe me?  Wait for it...

US IS JUST A HUGE BULLY, THAT WANTS EVERYONE TO PLAY BY ITS GAMES

in case you missed it the first time:

US IS JUST A HUGE BULLY, THAT WANTS EVERYONE TO PLAY BY ITS GAMES

I was speaking an an America yesterday thru work, and she'd just visited the
US to see family (she's lived in Australia the past 6 years) and she was
totally unimpressed with the patriot Act, and she indicated to me that MOST
americans are also disliking it.  She was also unimpressed with George Bush
jr and the "war with iraq".  She even went so far to agree with myself that
US bought on the terrorist acts of September 2001 on itself.  As sad as I
feel for those innocent 3500 victims that lost their lives on that
day...they have their US government to blame, not some terrorist group.

Oh..and...think about this:

I believe only 40% or so of Americans voted at the last federal election -
and it was basically split dead even between George Bush jr and Al Gore -
that means George Bush jr *ONLY* got 20% of his countrymens votes.  Doesn't
sound convincing to me, or a mandate to assume that he knows what the
american people really want.  Sure Clinton fucked up by letting Monica give
him a few blowjobs, but at least Clinton was a *real* president.  The USA -
the land of free speech, as long as it doesn't upset your government.

There I said my bit on that matter...

Dave W Pastern