Re: Telnet forwarding ??

Ted Parvu <ted@parvu.net> wrote:
> What you probably need to look into is doing "port forwarding" with
> ssh and sshd.

thought ssh needed an ssh server at both ends? other wise the connection
won't be secure, surely? I'm also guessing that the ssl connection is
required from the exteral client to the debian box, but not,
neccessarily, between the debian box and the server.

The only way I can think of doing this at the moment is to first setup a
ssh forwarding on the client machine mapping a local telnet port to the
debian machine on a port that is then forwarded using something like
ipmasqadm or iptables DNAT, and then telneting on the client to the
local port that they set up in step one.

Of course, if the server supported telnet-ssl then there would be
absolutely no problem whatsoever, as you'd just use standard port
forwarding and leave it at that.

Not sure that that helps, but I think just looking at ssh portforwarding
is a misnomer, someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Cheers,

Brett.