Re: Snort

There should be some logging taking place, hopefully from snort itself.
One thing to try, which will all but rule out a permissions issue would be
to try to connect using the MySQL CLI as the user you setup.  So,
something like this:

mysql -u snortuser -p snort

Probably wouldn't hurt to show tables within that database.

One other idea would be to jump onto the snort users mailing list or
(preferably) check the archive for that list.  This problem has come up
before and isn't debian specific.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users

Steve