Re: snort-stats without mailing...

* Ricardo Sousa <rjsousa@softhome.net> [2003-02-13 01:50:44]:
> Hi people.
> I'd like to have some sugestions and/or opinions about one thing that
> i'm doing here in my network.
> Well, i've a gateway with only 2 services (ssh and portmap). As lately i
> removed the mail service, because in fact i don't need in this host, a
> problem as surged with snort. How can i send/view snort stats without
> mailing them ?!?
> There's any workaround to this pseudo-problem without enabling mail
> service?

You might want to check out the ssmtp package.

Taken from apt-cache show ssmtp;

A secure, effective and simple way of getting mail off a system to your
mail hub. It contains no suid-binaries or other dangerous things - no mail
spool to poke around in, and no daemons running in the background. Mail is
simply forwarded to the configured mailhost. Extremely easy configuration."

Regards,

/Andreas

--
andreas blaafladt <andreas@blaafladt.no>