Re: Putting Apache, PHP, Tomcat and CGI in a jail

Hi, I'm currently trying to use makejail... it does not work very good.
Simple way is copy /bin/bash with libraries (try ldd /bin/bash to find
out which libs you need), so you can do chroot /your/chroot/dir. After
do dpkg -L apache and copy contents of apache package to chroot, also
repeat it with apache-common, tomcat, libapache-mod-php and so on. Then
chroot to  /your/chroot/dir and try start apache. System will tell you
some "nice" words about missing libraries, and you copy needed libraries
to chroot dir. It takes long time, but you will be sure that no
duplicate files are copied, and only needed libs is in your jail.

CGI works well, also SSL.

Regards,
Martynas