Re: SNORT not adding entries to snort/portscan ???

Hanasaki JiJi wrote:

Snort is reporting scans in the alert.log but not the portscan.log

Any thoughts?

Hi!
Now I *have* my snort reporting scans in the portscan.log in Version 1.8.4-beta1 (Build 91). Because of this message, I started playing with my snort.conf. When I uncommented the rules at the end of the snort.conf (except shellcodes.rules), snort started reporting in that file.
If you wish, I can send you my snort.conf.
Bye (and I sorry for my english, it is not good enough) :-)
Alfonso