Re: Bypassing proxies

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 at 04:59:08PM +0100, DEFFONTAINES Vincent wrote:
> people do what they please.
> my job is [to try] to keep the network secure, in spite of users installing
> whatever.

Not to mention if you burden your proxy server with all this overhead it
may not function well on any volume level.  I work for a fortune 50
company with 40,000+ employees globally.  Our firewall/proxy servers
barely work as it is...let alone examining packets at layer 5 for
validity.

--
Phil

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/
wget -O - http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/key.txt | gpg --import
--
Excuse #190: CPU needs bearings repacked