Re: [OT] secure, minimal Debian installation for linux-based thin clients?

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:41:37PM -0700, Chris Majewski wrote:
> There is  obviously more  than one solution  here, so I'm  looking for
> recommendations.  We  care about  security; we don't  want to  run any
> services  we don't  need, etc.  Reliability  is key,  so your  uncle's
> friend's brother's alpha software might not be for us.

	Check Bastille for automatic Debian hardening of clients based on
a profile after installation . You can run it once on your first thin
client, create a profile of security "features" with 'InteractiveBastille'
and then run 'BastilleBackEnd' in the other clients.  (BTW in Bastille 2.0
you will just use 'bastille' :)

	Regards

	Javi

PS: Make sure to read/understand the current (open for woody) bugs in
bastille. There will be a proposed-updates package fixing them (hopefully
soon)