Re: Vulnerabilities found by Nessus

Quoting Yven Leist (leist@beldesign.de):

> PS: I  hope you are aware of the fact that testing is security-wise really
> the worst distribution to run, much worse than unstable!

This is what I've always understood to be the case:  Package
quarantining means you don't get new software immediately upon inclusion
in unstable, and the Debian Security Team doesn't have DSAs and patched
releases for it.  So we've always been told.

I'm curious, though, what this is?
deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free

In other words, although there aren't DSAs for its contents, the
security.debian.org host does include a branch for "testing", and that
branch does furnish packages on occasion.  What's the deal?

--
Cheers,               "That article and its poster have been cancelled."
Rick Moen                   -- David B. O'Donnel, sysadmin for America Online