Re: Vulnerabilities found by Nessus

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 13:33, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Now, I have finally configured all the security features that I wanted,
> so last night, I launched a full Nessus attack against my server,
> hammering on it with the possibly harmful plugins too. It survived
> that, but it also reports two vulnerabilities on the port 25. I've got
> Exim running there.
>
> I was a careless when I upgraded to Woody, so I managed to upgrade to
> testing instead this summer... And I haven't been able to downgrade
> (hints are welcome! :-) ), but I do not have any testing or unstable

Just put the following in lines in /etc/apt/preferences

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 400

(for an explanation see "man apt_preferences")
You'll probably have to do some "dpkg -i --force-overwrite" stuff, but apart
from that it shouldn't be problem.

cheers,
Yven

PS: I  hope you are aware of the fact that testing is security-wise really
the worst distribution to run, much worse than unstable!

--

Yven Johannes Leist - leist@beldesign.de
http://www.leist.beldesign.de