Re: postfix in qmail out proftpd in pureftpd

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 18:19, WebMaster wrote:
> there is a .deb for proftpd and not for pureftpd?
> (pureftpd is more secure than proftpd)

Speaking as one of the core team for ProFTPD I'd welcome another ftpd in
the distribution.  I feel that picking to and sticking to a single
daemon for a given service is one of the failings of the more commercial
distros.

However sweeping statements about security are rarely helpful and just
as rarely accurate.

    Mark Lowes

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster@korenwolf.net>