Re: debian-security-announce-$lang@lists?

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 05:12:19PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> One could reduce a DSA to "do I have this package installed?  Yes,
> then I'd better update.".  However, if these people are subscribed to

Perhaps this could even be automated: When a new (english) DSA gets
released, a script automatically sends a short announcement to the
translated lists just containing the message 'there is a new DSA
regarding the package XXX, the english version is available from YYY. A
translated DSA should follow soon, but if it gets delayed, please try to
read the english one'. Of course, this message should be translated as
well, but as it is a constant text with some fields filled in, this
doesn't need human interaction.

That way, people reading the translated lists do not miss DSAs when a
translator is unavailable. They have to decide themselves if they wait
for the translated version or try to understand the english one.

Jan