Re: woody ssh update and PAM keyboard-interactive authentication won't work.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

From: Rolf Kutz <kutz@netcologne.de>
Subject: Re: woody ssh update and PAM keyboard-interactive authentication won't work.
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 03:48:11 +0200

> * Quoting sen_ml@eccosys.com (sen_ml@eccosys.com):
> > From: Rolf Kutz <kutz@netcologne.de>
> > >
> > > One Time Passwords e.g. (libpam-opie). But could
> > > be any PAM challenge-response dialog.
> >
> > Does anyone know whether there's any chance this can/will get fixed in
> > the future?
>
> You can use opie if you turn off privilege
> separation.

Right.

> This reduces some security while opie might add some, depending on
> your situation.

Despite the aggravation of the upgrade process this time around, I
actually think privilege separation is a good idea and am hoping that
other daemons may also follow suit where appropriate.  So, I'd prefer
to leave it on.

> I read somewhere, that they work on a fix, but it could take a
> while.

Thanks for this info -- if you happen to come across the reference
again, I'd appreciate it if you could pass it along.

Thanks!