Re: Good Day -- RR and rbl

Phillip Hofmeister <plhofmei@zionlth.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 02:29:22PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
>
>> No, it's a perfectly valid reason. Just because other admins do not
>> perfectly mirror your opinions does not mean that they are stupid. Not
>> only that, but there are a number of Debian users and developers that,
>> for various reasons, find themselves listed in things like DUL or
>> rfc-ignorant, despite the fact that they are using services for
>> legitimate purposes.
>>
> I happen to agree, what if their is a BIND worm going around that takes
> down 10% of the net's NS servers...now no one would have reverse
> resolution...just a thought...silly and unlikely though it may be.

I suggest that "fantastic" reasons are unnecessary. That someone might have
a valid point to contribute is enough reason to permit them; that their
domain administrator doesn't know what they're doing (eg no reverse DNS or
no postmaster@) really doesn't strike me as a valid reason to prevent
everyone else on this list from making up our own silly minds.

Of course, there's always this handy X-RBL-Warning: header that could be
inserted in the mail as it comes from the list server... Nah, just block or
don't block, no compromises allowed ;^]

~Tim
--
<http://spodzone.org.uk/>