Re: More SSH Fun (X11 forwarding)

On 2002.07.01, Anne Carasik <gator@cacr.caltech.edu> wrote:
> I need to know what DOES work, or if this is a bug.
>
> How did you get X11 working on Debian running OpenSSH 3.4p1? Did it
> just magically work for you? Did you have to set something?

Anne,

I've only been glancing at this thread but -- did you post your
sshd_config and ssh_config and the command line you were using?

In a previous post, you said:

> So, if I force X11 with the -X (even though my ssh_config on
> the client is set to X11Forwarding yes), I get this:
>
> So, it looks like I have to have X11UseLocalhost set to no,
> but I still can't open the X11.

(See http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2002/debian-security-200207/msg00020.html for the whole message.)

Noah replied in message debian-security-200207/msg00022.html saying:

> Get what?

To which you replied:

> Uh, the output that I included.

You included NO output.  Was that your point?

Can you include the output from the SSH client with the
command line parameters "-v -X"?  Include the entire
output ...

Also, can you give us the output of "echo $DISPLAY" on
the client _before_ you kick off the SSH, as well as
"echo $DISPLAY" once you've SSH'ed in (from the shell
running on the server)?

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: dossy@panoptic.com