Re: frequent mail signing => is there a GPG agent?

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 11:59:22PM -0400, Hubert Chan wrote:

> Jean> BTW, is there a "standard" pgp/gpg key server I should use to put
> Jean> my public key ans get keys from others (especialy Debian peoples)?
>
> wwwkeys.pgp.net is a popular place.
>
> You may or may not already know this, but if you edit .gnupg/options and
> add a line that says:
> keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net
> (or whatever keyserver you use), gpg will automagically (attempt to)
> fetch keys which it does not already have when you try to check a
> signature.

Yes, that's how I have mine setup and it's been working well for
sometime. ISTR that all of the *keys.pgp.net are supposed to be linked
so that over time a key posted to one server will be available from all
of the servers. I've no idea how true that is, or how long any such
propogation would take, but I seldom ever come across gpg signed mail
that mutt won't find the key for.

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
loop found in loop in redundant loopback