log analyze applications

========================

Hallo to everyone on the debian-security list.

I've got some questions related to log analyzing applications,
actually on my debian server boxes I've installed and configured
software like...

	* logcheck	(System Log Analyzer)
	* snort		(Intrusion Detection System)
	* ippl		(IP protocols logger)

All these apps. check my system for security alerts, malfunctions,
network activity and so on... everything works quite well, the
only problem is: they generate *REALLY* much mail traffic with
lots of output which I can't read all.

So my question is, has anyone a good solution for checking
syslogs, netlogs, etc. in order to have a simple and strict
overview of system activities ?

Are there any tools which are smarter, faster and cleaner
as my combination of log analyze apps. ?

Thanks for any suggestions !

 - Ivo Marino

 Ivo Marino                    eim@eimbox.org
 UN*X Developer, running Debian GNU/Linux
 irc.OpenProjects.net #debian
 http://eimbox.org/~eim     http://eimbox.org