Re: apache-ssl/woody cannot handle password protected keys?

Hi,

> 	One solution which I use is this... I have both my cert.pem and
> cert.key file in in a directory... I then run the following:
>
> openssl x509 -in cert.pem -out /etc/apache/ssl.crt/server.crt
> openssl rsa -in cert.key -out /etc/apache/ssl.key/server.key
> chown root:root /etc/apache/ssl.key/server.key
> chmod 0600 /etc/apache/ssl.key/server.key
>
> 	This allows me to restart apache without incident...

thank you for the hint. But this is a workaround and not a real
solution. Yes, it works for me, too:

> > When I remove the passphrase from /etc/apache-ssl/secret.key (such
> > that it is only proteced by its file permissions) then apache-ssl
> > works fine.

This is, however, not really an option for me since I am required
(by the policy of the CA) to protect the server key by a nontrivial
passphrase.

Cheers, Thomas