RE: I want to test my firewall from the outside

On 15 Feb 2002 10:21 AM, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:

> Any good tools you folks would recommand?

Ideally you'd get a shell somewhere and do it yourself with nmap or the
like (or use a dial-up on a separate machine nearby, same result), as
has already been suggested here -- it would be helpful to understand
what tools are used against you and how they work.

Otherwise, I would add http://www.securityspace.com/smysecure/index.html
to the list of "online" scanners.  It appears to be rather
comprehensive, but it'll cost you for full usability.  You can, however,
run the Basic Scan (0-1024 plus some other common ports), test for any
single vulnerability, and use the "Risk Free Audit" (full scan, without
details).

Also, I believe http://www.hackerwhacker.com offers an online scanner.

Jeff Bonner