Re: binding samba to specific interface...

Kaddik wrote:
Is it possible to specify the interface that samba should listen on?
I'm I missing something, or is package-dropping in iptables the
only method? I'm using woody w 2.4.18 kernel..

/Oerjan

Well, you should check these two options in "man smb.conf":

interfaces = comma separated list of your interfaces
bind interfaces only = yes

I think, that you should use both. "interfaces" specify, what interfaces additionaly to interfaces found at starting time samba sould use. And when you use "bind interfaces only" you should not omit 127.0.0.1 in your interfaces line, because then samba will use only interfaces specified in "interfaces" option.

               mARTin

--
Martin Rusko
PhD student