Re: FTP-SSL

Quoting Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cii@semera.se>:

> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Daniel Lysfjord wrote:
>
> > It seems like FileZilla[1] supports ftp-ssl..
> >
> > [1]: http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla
>
> What about lftp?
>
> Depends: ..., libssl0.9.6, ...

>From man lftp(1) :

       lftp can handle six file access methods - ftp, ftps, http,
       https, hftp, fish and file (https and ftps are only avail­
       able when lftp is compiled with openssl library).

apt-cache show ftp :

 Lftp is a file retrieving tool that supports FTP and HTTP protocols under
 both IPv4 and IPv6. Lftp has an amazing set of features, while preserving
 its interface as simple and easy as possible.

Seems like it should work with ftps, but the description doesn't mention it...
Anybody know about this. I don't know any ftps-servers, so I can't test if it
works...