Re: FTP-SSL

hi ya rick

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Alvin Oga (aoga@Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com):
>
> > otherwise secure windoze clients ...
> >         ( winscp and equivalent ...
> >         http://www.linux-sec.net/SSH/client.gwif.html#SFTP
>
> That's a listing of "MS Windows SSH Clients", and includes

think you meant "FTP" section .. i've separated the ssh vs secure-ftp
clients section ... i got tired of explaining the differences
to some folks  and just tell 'um to get winscp now dayz...

	- though i tend NOT to use either... i just see people
	using this or that... winscp being the lastest i saw
	that was really nice.. about 1.5yrs ago

> o  SafeTP -- but that has no SSH support

yes..

> o  CuteFTP -- but that has no SSH support (CuteFTP Pro does)

yes... i was lazy.. dropped Pro... since usually windoze Pro versions
are not free... and trail versions expire.. etc...
	- users shoudl be abel to figure it out??

> o  GlubTech Secure FTP -- but that has no SSH support

yup..

> o  InterSoft International, Inc. SecureFTP -- but I see nothing
>       suggesting it will support any SSH protocol, do you?

ah, yes... there's a test/beta version.. and i decided
to list um anyway... since i didnt wanna update these files again

> o  HostExplorer -- but that doesn't do SSH, just Kerberos.

kerberos is sometimes good enough ??

> o  SRP -- but that's not SSH at all

"This site serves as the semi-offical home of the SRP distribution, which
contains secure versions of Telnet and FTP."

and yes... its NOT ssh/ssl/kerberos... but decided to list it anyway

> Am I missing something?

nope...  very good as usual

have fun
alvin