Re: Where to install the firewall scripts

> networking goes down.  Can anybody point us to the relevant
> documentation?

last I knew there wasn't any, it was a todo item

I wrote a quicky stub logger that logs its environment and how it was
called, this is what I found:

called as "/etc/network/if-pre-up.d/pre-up" (no arguments), nothing passed
in to stdin, id: uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
environment:
 ADDRFAM=inet
 IFACE=eth0
 IF_ADDRESS=192.168.2.42
 IF_BROADCAST=192.168.2.255
 IF_GATEWAY=192.168.2.1
 IF_NETMASK=255.255.255.0
 IF_NETWORK=192.168.2.0
 METHOD=static
 MODE=start
 PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
 PWD=/tmp
 SHLVL=1
 _=/bin/run-parts

obviously your IPs may differ, looks like run-parts is used to call
everything in that script for every interface being taken down.  I
wouldn't count on PWD being /tmp I think that may have been an
artifact of my script (which I wrote a long time ago and don't have
anymore).  Anyway, you get the idea.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying