Re: Intrusion Attempts

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 at 10:24:08AM -0300, Ariel Graneros wrote:
> A good solution is portsentry:
>
> http://www.psionic.com/products/portsentry.html
>
>  PortSentry is part of the TriSentry suite of security tools. It is a program designed to detect and respond to port scans against a target host in real-time. Stealth detection modes are available under all Unix platforms and detects SYN, FIN, NULL, XMAS, and Oddball packet scans. All modes support real-time blocking and reporting of violations.
I wasn't turned on to port sentry b/c it involved me opening a bunch of
ports...which didn't really make sense to me.  Strike me dead and flame
me but I'll stand by snort.

--
Phil

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/
wget -O - http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/key.txt | gpg --import
--
Excuse #140: Pseudo-user on a pseudo-terminal