Re: Intrusion Attempts

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:19:28 EST
Trawets53@aol.com wrote:

> Hi. Can you help me. Who do I report the above to. I have 2 firewalls running
> and tonight I was attacked from the same address 172 times in less than an
> hour. These people want banning off the net. It is certainly a violation of
> my privacy. A dozen times is an excuse but 172, I ask you. Please come back.
>
> Kindest Regards Stewart.

A good solution is portsentry:

http://www.psionic.com/products/portsentry.html

 PortSentry is part of the TriSentry suite of security tools. It is a program designed to detect and respond to port scans against a target host in real-time. Stealth detection modes are available under all Unix platforms and detects SYN, FIN, NULL, XMAS, and Oddball packet scans. All modes support real-time blocking and reporting of violations.