Re: Debian Apache Packaging - Option 4!

[CC finally changed to d-s@l.d.o, whoops. Please keep editors@, or just
me].

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 02:01:23PM -0800, Robert Woodcock scrawled:
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 04:25:22PM -0500, Robert C. wrote:
> > The Apache suexec helper is special
>
> Is "special" the going euphamism for "buggy"?
>
> Seriously, lack of configuration file functionality is something worthy of
> at least a wishlist bug.

Not really, it's a security file: you can't change your area without
recompiling. I can see the use for this: h4x0rs can't just change a
config file and have a completely different suexec area, of their own
choosing.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne