Re: ot? apache directory listing mysteries

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 04:33:25AM +0700, Jean Christophe ANDRÃ? wrote:

> Did you take a look at the Referer of those access?
> It might help you to track it down...

That's just might be how they get them in the first place. If you buddy
downloaded the file and then contacted google.com there are chances that
his browser sent the previous URL visited [0]. If it was added in google's
database maybe somebody found this after a web search (although the fact
that the referer is empty points that this might not be the case).

Just my 2c.

Javi

[0] is this a FUD? I believe google uses this as part of his spidering
process, I'm also not sure if the browser would provide this information,
though.